While we all like to think that we have all the answers, The Franchise Doctor recognizes that several other sites offer invaluable resources to those seeking a business of their own. Here are our favorites…
The Franchise Resources You Need!
- The Business Buyer Resource Center. This group offers the best book we’ve found on acquiring a small independent company. “How To Buy A Good Business At A Great Price” is a comprehensive, step-by-step, “how to” guide for business buyers.
- The Internet Marketing Center. This company was an early leader in selling information on the Internet. Building on the concepts learned, marketing a book on automotive tips, the company has produced a detailed training course on how to develop a sizable revenue stream marketing your products or services on the web. The latest update is the best material The Franchise Doctor has seen.
- Concepts Remembered. This outstanding Event Planning company founded by Margie Deitz can handle meetings, parties, and special events of all shapes and sizes.
- David Kirkup is a B2B CFO serving businesses in a wide variety of industries. His specialty is identifying key metrics for any business hand teaching the management team how to gather this data, analyze it, and use it to generate greater growth and profits. Please visit his blog for more information. He has even been known to say nice things about The Franchise Doctor.
- Franchisors, employees and vendors in the Southeast have been meeting monthly in Atlanta, GA to network and discuss how to build better franchise companies at the Southeast Franchise Forum. The Franchise Doctor is honored to serve on its Board of Directors and help select speakers who share their knowledge with the group. Our association meets 8 months a year for breakfast and 4 times for lunch, usually on the second Tuesday of the month. We encourage you to investigate our group and visit an upcoming meeting.
- The Small Business Administration. This Government Agency has a good deal of information for those seeking a franchise or looking to start a business of their own. Your taxes support the gathering of this information; you should start redeeming your investment. Be sure to check revision dates as some of their information has not been revised for years and may now be obsolete.
- The International Franchise Association has developed one of the best sites about franchising on the Internet.