Where Should You Look for the Right Franchise
Franchisors are looking for you!! If you are seriously considering buying a franchise, they’d love to have you call and review their marketing material. They believe that their opportunity is right for many people. If they’re sincerely interested in your success, they’ll quiz you to be sure their franchise will meet you needs for earnings and personal satisfaction. If you’ve enjoyed a superior income previously, verify that they believe you’ll be satisfied with your earnings if you buy one (two or three?) of their franchises.
Consider these resources to find the right franchise for you:
- Business Opportunities Handbook
- BIZ Magazine
- Entrepreneur Magazine (Especially January Issue)
- Executives’ Guide to Franchise Opportunities
- Franchise Opportunities Guide
- INC Magazine
- Local Newspaper Ads–Business Opportunities
- Local Radio and Television Advertisements
- Regional Newspapers or Magazines
- Successful Franchising Magazine
- USA Today (Thursday Feature)
- Wall Street Journal (Thursday Feature)
Also consider attending Franchise Opportunity Shows in your city or a regional show near you. In the Spring (March or April) of each year, the International Franchise Exposition is held in Washington, DC where 20,000 plus come to meet 200 plus franchisors.
The International Franchise Association (202-628-8000) sponsors several trade shows and has a “Franchise Showcase” in Chicago highlighting several companies and providing educational materials.
When you travel, look for interesting concepts that are lacking in your community. Ask the employees if it is a franchise and obtain a phone number of the headquarters.
Keep your eyes and ears open at all times and follow up on interesting leads–before your neighbor beats you to the best available territory.